If you can keep your head when all about you,
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
只要你头脑清醒,
哪怕周围人把自己的头脑昏昏都归罪于你;If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too,
只要你相信自己,
以宽容之心面对周围所有人对你的怀疑;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
只要你肯耐心等待不急不躁;Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
或受人谎骗、但绝不还其道;
Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
亦或受人憎恨但绝不以恶报恶;
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise.
既不装腔作势,亦不气盛趾高。
If you can dream - and not make dreams your master,
只要你有梦想—但不为梦主宰;
If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim,
只要你敢思考—但不因思而罔;If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster,
And treat those two impostors just the same;
只要你坦然面对胜利和灾难,
对虚渺的胜负荣辱胸怀旷荡;
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken,
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
如果你能忍受有这样的无赖,
歪曲你的口吐真言蒙骗笨汉;
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools
或看着心血铸就的事业崩溃,
忍辱负重脚踏实地重新攀登;If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
只要你敢把取得的一切胜利,
为了更崇高的目标孤注一掷,And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breathe a word about your loss;
面临失去,
发下誓言东山再起;If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!'
只要你即使在身心衰弱之时,
为了未竟事业依然奋力前驱,
坚决顶住,在徒剩躯壳一具时,
除了意志依然在高喊“顶住”;If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
只要你和谁说话都平心静气,Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch,
亦或与帝王同行却不亢不卑;
if neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
只要敌或友都无法给你伤害,
If all men count with you, but none too much;
只要谁都信得过你却不一味仰赖;If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,
只要你抓紧转瞬即逝每分钟,
六时秒秒秒一掰二珍惜万般,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
那你就是大地,你就拥有一切,And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
更重要的是:我的儿子,你成为了一名男子汉!Meaningful poem by Rudyard Kipling.
Finally found the translation in chinese.
Sir Rudyard's language is hard mian~~
ahaha`
LOVE THIS POEM A LOT.
why?
Bcos
When you are angry.Read this.When you are not in the mood.Read this.When you are being bullied.Read this.When you think you are lost.Read this.When you almost forget yourself.Read this.When you attempt failure.Read this.Salute to Sir Rudyard Kipling :)The most inspiring poem ever read in my life.